Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Lord of the Flies"- classic


I was definitely not expecting this. I sat there finished with Lord of the Flies unsatisfied and rather disappointed. After learning Lord of the Flies was an English class reading requirement, my mother began to tell me how powerful a story it is with references and connections to man kind... I was excited and hopeful that maybe, just maybe, I would read a book as breathtaking and genius as Animal Farm. So I read and read and was gravely disappointed. The boys stranded on the island hardly paralleled the actions of human nature. The subtleties of Animal Farm were non existent. The writing style was rather irritating to me.. It's as though, the author is trying not to say something, but is, at the same time. The actual "Lord of the Flies" story line that was intertwined with the boys, was weak and obvious in its nature. To say it simply, Lord of the Flies by William Golding is simply, overrated.

-Her
Rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment