Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Romeo and Juliet"- classic


Though "Romeo and Juliet" was an intimidating school-assigned play to flip through, I somehow was able to slyly decode Shakespeare's ethereal yet distant writing style using Spark Notes' plain English version. Of course at some point of every ones educational life Romeo and Juliet seems to be a journey everyone must go on. The writing style was far from blunt and the frustrating old English writing seemed to linger in me head. Once properly analyzed, Shakespeare's words could be noted as subtly and largely metaphorical. I personally, do not feel qualified to judge the historical and legendary author Shakespeare, until I have read more of his work. I have yet to make my mind up on my stance on Shakespeare, though Romeo and Juliet is a must read classic.

-Her
Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment