Monday, January 25, 2010

"A Kiss in Time"- ages 12-14




As I read 'A Kiss in Time' by Alex Flinn, I was reminded of her other book I have read and reviewed-'Beastly'. Definitely the same majestical yet down to earth feel. Fairtale yet real and a modern novel. Distant yet detailed. Suspenseful yet simplistic. For once, the inside book sleeve does it justice. However, I did get bored at the climax. I was slighlty irritated after Jack (the main character) wakes Talia (the princess) by a kiss. There is a full 15 pages of a confusing scene. The guards are ready to kill Jack... the King is mad..... Jack's friend tries to steal some jewels.... Jack get's thrown into a jail cell... Talia is in trouble for touching the spindle...... and yet they all don't know that they've been asleep for 316 years. Yep, it's complicated.... slightly irritating, but an OK read none the less.



-Her

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment