Monday, October 5, 2009

"Pretty Little Liars"- ages 12- 16


Once a year, my school takes a trip down to the big Barnes and Noble for a book fair. Of course I love it! The bookstore is like my home away from home, or my haven. So, I finally got around to reading one of the books I chose last year called "Pretty Little Liars" by Sarah Shepard. I thought it looked cute, had an OK blurb.... So, I began to read it with low epectations... The book was great and really mysterious. Although the four main characters are quite messed up(one is an ex-bullimic, one loves her sisters boyfriend, one thinks she's gay, and one steals things with her best friend), the story line really pulled me in. In the seventh grade, there were five best friends, and the leader, Ali, goes missing. No one knows or hears from her but she's gone. The girls drift apart and get new friends and boyfriends, until suddenly, they start getting emails, texts, notes from someone named "A". "A" knows all of the girls secrets that only Ali knew... and what is even more parculiar is that "A" could stand for Ali (SEE??). I can't tell you the rest becuase I'll give it all away! I can say, that the girls are really confused after they recieve same text from "A", they know that "A"'s here to say.
-Her
Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment