Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Catalyst"- ages 12-14


After receiving a list of authors I should read from my English teacher, Laurie Halse Anderson was the one my mom randomly ordered for me. Catalyst had a believable plot and an even more believable main character but, unfortunately, at no point in the book did I have that one "ooh, that was a good way of putting it" moment that I always like to find. The plot was average with a simplistic story line. After the main character gets rejected from the only college she applies to--- why she only applied to one, I have no idea! From that point on, everything becomes over dramatic.... her world seems to come desperately crashing down until she realizes that her drawback is a minute detail in relation to the others that she disregards in her life. Catalyst questions peoples beliefs on priorities, assumptions, and, despite the cover, what doesn't meet the eye! (Get it? Eye? The cover?)

-Her


Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment