Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"The Mother-Daughter Book Club"- ages 8-12



The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick, was a novel that I decided to pluck off the shelf at the book store purely out of the cute cover and relateable title. I started the book with high hopes and was disappointed to find the characters dull and annoying. Each character was pathetic and just a stereo type of the different types of "girls" that an unimaginitave adult writter would come up with. In every book I begin to read, I give it a go until page 50. This book was disappointing, uncreative, uncontinuable and I could not bear to finish.

-Her

Rating: 0/10

1 comment:

  1. I also found this book--or at least what I read from it on the Amazon.com preview--pretty pathetic. very stereotypical, nothing to shout about. surprisingly enough, there is a sequel (Much Ado About Anne).

    ReplyDelete